Monday, May 23, 2011

Official 7 Month Pic and Hives

Here it is (finally):

Also, on Saturday and Sunday Clayton had hives. I didn't notice any this morning so far. I have never experienced hives before so I didn't know what they were at first, but thanks to the Internet I learned that he had a classic case. They would appear and go away, just to show up somewhere else on his body. They did seem to bother him and I would say that he was a little irritable and had a decreased appetite. Over all though, he was a trooper. Here is a picture of one relatively small one on the back of his leg yesterday:
I am assuming that they are from the antibiotics he was on from his infection earlier this month. He took Amoxicillin, and both my mom and I are allergic to penicillin, so we are assuming that is the culprit. His last dose was on Friday morning, and the hives showed up for the first time on Saturday. However, he also had a new food on Thursday (Lentils) and we switched back to regular Johnson's baby lotion from the unscented version last week as well. So I am going to cut out the lentils and keep using the lotion and see what happens with the hives. Once I am sure they are cleared up, I will reintroduce the lentils. If the hives do not return I will know it was the antibiotics.

No comments:

Post a Comment