Monday, May 30, 2011

Happy Camper

Clayton had so much fun playing outside while we were camping at Fort Kearney. I think I will try to let him do that more at home now. This video is from Friday afternoon; Darrel had to be in Holdrege for rehearsal dinner (he was a groomsman in his childhood friend Kirby's wedding this weekend) so he dropped Clayton and I off at the campsite around three and set up the tent, then went back home to get ready. My parents came in their camper later that evening, so Clayton and I held down the fort in between.

My grandparents also came out for dinner on Sunday afternoon. We had hobo stew meals (onions, ground beef, potatoes and carrots cooked in a foil packet in hot coals and cherry cobbler (baked in our dutch oven in the fire) with ice cream for dessert. It was kind of misting all day and never got very warm, but I was glad that Clayton finally got to wear some cozy fleece lion PJs in a 6-9 month size that I was afraid he would never get to wear just because that size and the seasons didn't match up correctly. I know that my grandparents and my parents really enjoyed all the time with Clayton (and I think they like to visit with me and Darrel too!)
Clayton (in his lion PJs) & Great Grandma Erna

We bugged out early than originally planned on Sunday afternoon because of predicted high winds overnight, and we are glad that we did! It has been very windy last night and this morning it would have been really hard to pack up and for my parents to pull the camper (read: wind sail).

Clayton was a great camper and we can't wait to try it again sometime soon!!

1 comment:

  1. I thought it was fun to see Krista and Darrel just as much as Clayton! He was a GREAT little camper. Even took a 3 hour nap on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete