Monday, November 12, 2012

Clayton - a Smart little Nut

I don't even know where to begin with him - I have so much to share! This morning during his diaper change, instead of our usual conversation about how he shut the door (He kicks it shut and says "I shut, I shut the door) and that it is time for breakfast ("a meal-meal?" - a.k.a. oatmeal) and how Reese is a baby, he told me "I have . . . two eyes". I was like, holy moly - how do you know that son?! Then at snack time, there were two sippy cups sitting out and he said "one, one. Two milks" Maybe a coincidence, or maybe he really knows when there are two of something - it's hard to say, but he sure is turning into a little smarty!

Then, today during lunch I let him have a little sip of my pop (don't worry, just Squirt, caffeine-free). I had burped (because of the pop) and said "excuse me." So after Clayton's sip, he covered his mouth (like I did) and either  made a sound like a burp or actually forced one up, I can't tell, and said "'scuse me" He did it a few more times, but never when I had the video camera on. It was so stinkin' cute!

After lunch, his hands were covered with peanut butter, jelly and chocolate pudding, so we tell him to put his hands up, otherwise he tends to stick them in his lap or under his bib and gets his clothes all sticky. Well, because he is such a nut, he usually puts at least on hand on his head, and today he started hitting himself. He is so nutty.

I shamelessly tried to recreate and record some of the cute things he did before I got him out of his booster seat, and this is what he gave me. He was being pretty cute until he spotted his puzzle blocks and wanted down.


No comments:

Post a Comment