Friday, February 8, 2013

Our Crazy Day!

We had a crazy busy day today, but it was fun! Most of our days are quite boring, but almost every detail of today is blog-worthy! We started the day by heading to Lincoln for the boys to get some professional photos taken at JC Penny's. I have to say that I am pleasantly surprised at how well they seemed to turn out. (I did have 5x7s ordered for the Grandparents, Great-Grandparents, Aunts and Uncles [of the boys] so they will be here on the 28th). It does make me wish that I had been taking them to some place like that since they were born.

After pictures we went to the Olive Garden with my parents (my mom had met me at Penny's to assist during the picture session). Besides the fact that we were 45 min late to the reservation that we made (poor Grandpa had been waiting the whole time!) lunch went really well! Clayton actually ate his chicken strips and Reese ingested more spaghetti than he threw on the floor.

After lunch we decided to head home and both boys took a nap in the car! I drove only 70 miles down the interstate to save on fuel and extend the naps as long as possible! It was around 2:30 when we got home, which is pretty early to be waking up from naps, so I did put Clayton in his room and he played quietly for about hour in there (he really needs his alone time). Reese almost fell back asleep but didn't and just played nicely.

Around 4:30 we decided to head up to the District Wrestling meet over at the High School so that the boys could see Daddy for at least a little bit today. (He won't be home till late, after they are in bed). That lasted for about an hour so we came home for supper a little before 6pm. I was so proud of Clayton who ate more than half of a fresh pear, his whole Peanut Butter & Jelly sandwich and most of his pudding. Reese didn't eat as much as normal, and it was him who had been unusually fussy at the wrestling meet that made me decide to come home when we did. I heard him passing gas in his high chair and he was trying to lift himself out, so I figured he needed to dirty his diaper (even though he had already done so twice today!). So I got him out and that made him happy, especially since Clayton was still eating (that never happens, Clayton is always done first). So Reese was happily bothering Clayton while he finished his pudding. He ended up getting pushed over and had pudding smeared in his hair, so I picked him up and Clayton proceeded to feed him the rest of his pudding! My quick thinking got the camera on the edge of the counter and I caught the whole sweet thing!
I hope you noticed the cup of milk there on the table and noted it's fullness....

During this time, my nose informed me that Reese had indeed done his business and that he needed changed.  It was a major poop-spolsion that had leaked out into his clothes! So while I got him cleaned up, Clayton was busy taking the lid off of his milk and when I came back his bib and lap were full of milk (thankfully the bib did catch a lot of it) and it was all over the table and floor as well. So I cleaned up Clayton and got him out of his milky pants. When I turned around this is what I saw:
I'm so glad he didn't try to lean back to sit down and fall off!! (Notice the now empty cup of milk!)

So I sat him on the chair and let him finish off the pudding. . .


Since I have been writing this post, Reese has already dived off the side of the couch twice and fallen of other things at least 2 other times - Clayton has driven his toy monster truck on the TV and smacked his brother in the face with it (I think it was an accident). I have been saying that things were going to get easier now that Reese is one.... but I think it's just going to be hard in a different way - Reese seems like such a wild child! We still have bath and bedtime to get through but hopefully we have no more exciting adventures today!

No comments:

Post a Comment