Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Baby Proofing. . .

. . . Is going to be a process of trial and error! If you don't know, I take Clayton with me to work at Campus Lutheran where I am the administrator (secretary). Well, if he is in his walker, it's easy to block off the door to the store room/bath room area by placing his car seat in the door. So I sat him on the floor in the corner (so it would take him longer to get over to my chair where I am so afraid of running over his little fingers) and placed his car seat in the door as usual. He was kind of behind me as I sat at the computer desk, working away; I turned around to check on him and this is what I see:
Yikes! Mommy almost had a heart attack!!
So, after his nap, I went right out to get a baby gate for that door! We'll have to try that out tomorrow. He'll probably start cruising around on the furniture now soon too.

Clayton has had an AMAZING day. Last night he went to bed a little after 7pm like usual. He woke up one time at 10:30pm and all he needed was his pacifer back and then he slept until 4:30am, nursed and went back to sleep until 7:30am!! What a dream! I woke up at 6:30am feeling so rested - ate breakfast and had my coffee in peace. He has been in a great mood with all that sleep and has had fun experimenting with his new found mobility.

1 comment:

  1. WOW!!! . . . and before you know it he'll be driving! I'm sure he's pretty pleased with himself.

    ReplyDelete