Monday, September 10, 2012

One Month from Now

One month from now, my dear sweet baby will be two years old! It's so hard to believe that Clayton is growing up so fast. We checked his height and weight today and he is 26 lbs and 33 1/2 inches tall. He has all the classic two year old mood swings and temper tantrums but is also very eager to learn and do things on his own. The new thing this week is that he has to buckle the straps on his booster seat himself! If you do it for him he has an absolute fit! He can do it with very little assistance lining the ends up. I have also noticed his language skills increasing a lot lately. For example, he seems to have started to understand the use of pronouns and when he falls or gets hurt he says "I tough." We always say "Clayton's tough" we have never said "I tough", so he put that together himself! He also seems to have finally settled on words for grandma and grandpa- "mee mow" and "pop pop." He tries to say anything and everything even if it comes out all jumbled. One of my favorites right now is octopus (he has a pair of PJs with one on the shirt) - he says "pu us" with the two "you" sounds all slurred together in an adorable Clayton way. He will also say "wuv you" to me before bed or nap time with out being prompted! Melts my heart!!

Here is what he was up this evening that Darrel caught on video. I think what is the most astounding is that the cat just lay there the whole darn time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment