Sunday, September 16, 2012

Nummy Peas

Reese has been taking quite a different food journey than I would have imagined and it's been interesting to watch. I started him on baby cereal and then baby food at about 5 months and he didn't really get into it. So a little after he was 6 months old I started giving him actual food like ripe bananas and pear slices and steamed sweet potato "chips" that he could pick up and feed himself and he LOVES IT. I decided to go back to baby food a little bit, and tried one of Beech Nut's 2 1/2 stage varieties, peas and carrots. It's thicker and has more texture, like tiny chunks. He did OK with it as long as I gave him the spoon. He wants nothing to do with me putting it in his mouth. I'm thinking I will just keep introducing the finger foods! Since he is crawling with his belly off the floor, that means he can learn a pincer grasp, and he is getting better at it everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment