Sunday, May 6, 2012

Clayton's Helpful Nature

I'm not sure why these things still astonish me so much, maybe it's because I don't expect Clayton to do "chores" yet. I just hope that I will always be this grateful when he helps me around the house. Yesterday evening I was sort of in a rush trying to put dinner together in a timely manner, and the dishwasher was open, and I suddenly noticed that Clayton was actually putting the silverware away - in the right drawer! I only caught the tail end of it on video, but he put most of it away, once piece at a time.
Here is the end result:




All in a neat little pile in the corner where he can reach in. . . what a sweetheart! Also, a few weeks ago, I was unloading the dishwasher and I had my back turned putting away a pot or pan, and all of a sudden Clayton is handing me the frying pan! He had gotten it out of the dishwasher and brought it to me to put away, and I was even in the right cupboard that it belongs in. I don't know if all 1 1/2 year olds are like this, but he sure is a very special little boy who loves to help and please his mom and dad - I don't know how we got so lucky!!

No comments:

Post a Comment