Sunday, February 5, 2012

Baby Brother is Here!

Reese Allan Branz was born this morning at 2:08am. My water broke around 4pm yesterday, and after a wonderful drug-free labor experience, I ended up needing an epidural around 1am to get me through that last hard part of labor and delivery. Reese weighed 7lbs 2 oz and was 20.5 inches long. He has blue eyes and dirty blonde hair. When he came out the umbilical cord was wrapped around his neck one time and he had taken in a large gulp of fluid, so he didn't cry right away, but they got him going and Darrel was able to cut the cord. They got him cleaned up and poked and prodded and I got to start nursing him about 30 minutes later. He is doing great and so am I!


Clayton and Grandma came by for a visit this morning. Clayton smiled at him and seems pleased, and it sure sounds like he is trying to say Reese already.

Brand new family of 4

Clayton, Grandma and Reese
This afternoon, his Petersen grandparents and aunt Amy came for a visit too. I'll have to post more pictures later!

No comments:

Post a Comment