Thursday, May 22, 2014

Paint The Road

Clayton likes to ask to "paint the road" (probably because of this book) which is just a simple cornstarch paint with foam brushes on our driveway! I mix equal parts of water and cornstarch (1 cup of each is about perfect for their attention span) plus a tiny squirt of dish soap (to keep the cornstarch from sitting at the bottom)  in a measuring cup in the house. Then once we are outside I separate the white liquid into little paint cans that I got with some actual sidewalk chalk paint.

When I bought them there was colored powder inside to mix with water - it was probably colored cornstarch, LOL
Then I add several drops of food coloring to each can and stir with the end of a paintbrush. The sidewalk chalk paint came with two foam roller brushes and these trays so then I pour each color in there. 

Then the boys have at it and paint away! 
Clayton likes to put all the paint in one spot!
Reese made lines and dots!
They worked together on painting "Piglet" here

Then they began happily digging in the dirt! 

No comments:

Post a Comment