Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Party Weekend part 1

We had quite the day last Friday and a really fun "Party Weekend" I guess and we had a lot of fun getting the boys all out of sync on their sleep schedule! Ha!

So Friday morning was the first meeting of MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers), I joined last spring, the group that meets in Seward (there isn't one in York unfortunately). It operates during the school year, the 2nd and 4th Friday of each month dozens of moms meet at the Hillcrest E-Free Church, drop of their kids in Sunday School rooms for free childcare and then from 9am to 11am we have food, adult conversation and "mom time." I really like it, and it's a great chance for the boys to socialize with other kids their own ages. I don't know why it surprises me, but we only went to 2 meetings last April and as soon as we pulled into the parking lot of the church Clayton started talking about playing together with other kids. He remembered! Reese remembered as soon as I turned the corner down the hall where the rooms are, because he started crying and clinging to me for dear life. They both had fun though but were ready to go when it was time.

I went from Seward straight to my parents' house in Lincoln because we were to attended the wedding of a family friend in Nebraska City that evening. Daddy met us there as soon as he could, leaving early from work (thank you!) and we drove on. We took the boys to the ceremony (brave, I know) and they were really quite well behaved until the end when the bride and groom started to say their vows. Reese was getting restless and so I threw his blankey (one of my shirts) over his head. Well he liked it there and would cry out in protest if we tried to take it off. It's a very thin shirt so I'm sure he could see the light all funny through it. The people sitting behind us sure got a show. We ended up keeping them quiet with M&Ms for the remainder of the ceremony.

After the wedding, we sure had a blast at the reception, or the Party as Clayton will tell you. He certainly enjoyed licking the frosting off of a cupcake

And so did Reese, but I think he actually ate the cake too!
Gimme that cupcake Grandpa!
Also, by the cake table was not only a chocolate fountain but a motion-activated M&Ms dispenser. I have to say that I lost track of  how many Clayton ate and just stopped caring, hahaha. He was sure wound up on sugar but I'm pretty sure he danced it all out later! 
Reese playing with cars, and Clayton in the background with one of his M&M cups

I didn't get any video of Clayton dancing (because Mommy was just having fun, enjoying the dance too). But I did run for my camera during a slow song when a little girl held hands with Clayton and tried to dance. But by the time I returned, I was told that REESE had cut in on Clayton and so now they were dancing instead. Clayton was really NOT interested in dancing with her so it was all okay. So Cute!

I have to apologize in advance since I have no idea whose child this is with Reese in the video!



We ended up staying at the reception until about 10pm! We stayed until Reese cried! They were both exhausted and ended up going to sleep next to each other in a big double bed at the hotel. We already had Clayton settled there and Reese climbed right out of his Pack'n'Play (he'd done it once at "nap time" earlier that day too) and wanted in bed with Clayton. So I let them and that worked until sometime in the middle of the night when Reese started to fuss a little so when I laid him back down I just put him the Pack'n'Play. And no, they didn't really sleep in. . .

Stay tuned for more adventures from last weekend in Nebraska City :)

No comments:

Post a Comment