Thursday, April 18, 2013

Cloud Dough

So in my adventures of surfing the internet this past Tuesday, I discovered tales of a mystical substance called "Cloud Dough" and decided that it was something we needed to try since we are now stuck in the house with this winter-like weather in the midst of April. The boys are stir crazy (and mommy too) from having been teased with a few nice days outside. One blog I found promised that it wasn't that messy, so I decided to give it a go. I was running lower on flour than I thought was, so 8 parts flour and one part oil, I used 8 Tbls. of flour and 1 Tbls. of Olive Oil. I did not want to use baby oil since I assumed (and correctly) that the boys would try to eat it. I ended up making a 2nd batch of it though too because the one small one just wasn't enough. As you will see it did create quite a mess, but nothing the vacuum and washing machine couldn't handle and it kept the boys occupied for probably about an hour from the time we started making it until it was cleaned up.

It does have a "wet sand" type texture that was fascinating although I wonder if I should have added more oil or mixed it longer since it didn't seem as mold-able as described online. The boys mostly scooped it and dumped it in and out of containers, much the same way they play with dirt outside. Reese enjoyed grabbing handfuls of it and throwing it on the floor and it all went down hill from there! It was a good time though.





His clothes were covered! 

Here is the final mess!

And I do have to say that maybe vacuuming it up was a mistake (should have swept maybe?) since the oil and flour seemed to separate in the vacuum canister. We'll have to see what happens with the vacuum I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment